Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Little One Is Only Three Weeks Away!!!

Today was another appointment at the midwives... Jonnie got to come along too since he got off work at six this morning. He got two hours of sleep then we drove up to Owen Sound. The midwife was one that I had had only once before back in April. Jonnie had never met her before, so it was good for him to be there. She is not one of my primery midwives, but might end up coming if one of the other two are at another birth. Anyhow, she explained to us today about home birth a little, and the complications that could come up in labour just so we are aware of them, and what actions would need to take place.
It looks like we will have to buy a little pool from Canadian Tire since, our bath tub is surrounded on three sides and they would need access to two sides. That is fine by me, we could always use a little pool in the summer or whenever. I am still thinking a water birth, but I may get tired of being in water and just want to be in bed, so both will be set up when labour comes. We still haven't had our home visit, but Jane (my primery midwife) is hoping to come out some time this week. She was set to come out last week, but ended up having three births right after each other, so she couldn't make it.
Today Jonnie got to hear Elliot's heartbeat for the second time, but this time with the dopler which is really loud and a definate heart beat. I was quite excited for him!! I am now 35" round and 135lbs. The midwife said I can still be gaining a healthy amount since I was a good weight before I got pregnant. My blood pressure is normal now, so that is good that it is not still low and dropping. Everything else seems to be going great as well. Elliot still squirms around and flips, but not as much as he used to. He goes crazy when I eat, I am guessing I'm going to now have TWO very hungry boys to feed :)
Carr and I were able to get maternity pics done, and those are on our main page if you want to see. We had a great time the three of us (including Kris who took the pics for us), laughing at each other and joking around. Thankfully our boys were there too so we could get some pics with them. Tomorrow I am full term, and if he is born now, everything can still go as planned. I don't feel anything different though, so I think he's still settled in there for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment