Saturday, September 26, 2009

Elliot Is Here!

Daddy and son
Mommy and son, just after birth, talking to my dad in Panama

Elliot getting weighed


Elliot, me and the three midwives that helped. Barb on the left is the one who did the actual dilivery



Elliot James Ducommun was born a very healthy boy on Friday the 18th of September at 7:34AM weighing 7lbs 6ozs and measuring 21ins long.
The prelabor lasted 56 hours of contractions and cramps every 4-7 mins. Those were some very long and painful hours for us. Finally at 12AM Friday morning real contractions started and kept getting closer and closer together rather fast. By 5AM still not too much progress had come along, so Jonnie and I asked the midwife to break the waters. Contractions then became very intence, and I had the urge to push right away. Everything went very well from there except for the imence pain :) I didn't know while I was busy pushing that Elliot's umbilical cord was wrapped twice around his neck. They kept telling me to push that he needed to come out soon, so when I felt his head and realized he was already so far out, it gave me the umph to do the last few pushes.
We were able to do a very good home birth, and Jonnie was a huge help in every way, especially holding the heating pad on my back, or carrying me to the bathroom when they said I had to pee before I could keep pushing. It was definately an exhausting experience, and when he was laid on my stomach to be wiped off I said we were never doing that again! But after two days, that all changed in my mind. Our little one is worth 100 hours in labor!!! We are such proud parents and love him very much, more and more with each passing moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment